Career Options in Commerce after 12th
This question just doesn’t pop up when you finish writing your 12th exams. ‘What to do after 12th commerce?’ is the question that keeps buzzing in the mind of a student right after class 10th when commerce stream is opted. There are plethora of Career Options in Commerce after 12th.
First of all, don’t panic. This post is not going to overwhelm you with time-consuming, overly complicated process of choosing your career. Here at The Infopedia we appreciate actionable, no-nonsense information on different career option for students. This post will outline different available career options after 12th Commerce both at undergraduate level. It will also cover different commerce courses after 12th along with some top colleges for commerce stream and eligibility and process to get admission.
Undergraduate Courses after 12th Commerce
The courses mentioned above were exclusively for commerce students. Other than these commerce students can also consider generic courses which are open to all irrespective of stream chosen at 10+2 level. Listed below are some more career options after 12th commerce-
- BA hons (in any subject)
- Hotel Management
- Fashion Design
- Retail Management
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Top Colleges for courses after 12th commerce
|1||Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi||www.srcc.edu||405 in commerce|
|2||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai||www.xaviers.edu||400 in arts, 240 in commerce|
|3||Loyola College, Chennai||www.loyolacollege.edu||712 in arts, 492 in commerce|
|4||St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata||www.sxccal.edu||200 in arts, 700 in commerce|
|5||Narsee Monjee College, Mumbai||www.nmcollege.in||1,133 in commerce|
|6||Symbiosis, Pune||www.siec.ac.in||120 in arts and 720 in commerce|
|7||LSR College for Women, Delhi||www.lsrcollege.org||625 in arts, 45 in commerce|
|8||Christ College, Bangalore||www.christcollege.edu||680 in arts, 740 in commerce|
|9||Hindu College, Delhi||www.hinducollege.org||210 in arts, 40 in commerce|
|10||Indian Institute of Management & Commerce, Hyderabad||www.iimchyderabad.com||120 in commerce|
Job Prospects for Career Options in Commerce Stream
Commerce stream opens up many career avenues. Globalization, foreign insurance and foreign banks has created enormous job opportunities for commerce graduates. Students aspiring to choose their career options in commerce stream can expect to enter following verticals –
- Banking– Loans Executive, Rural Banking, Product Management, Merchant Banking, Treasury Group, Retail / Personal Banking, Corporate Banking.
- Accounts– CA, CFA, Cost And Work Accountant,Certified financial planner.
- Insurance– Insurance agent, Insurance surveyor , Insurance and Risk management, Actuarial Science.
- Investments– Investment Banker, Capital market manager, Venture Capitalist, Forex Dealer, Stock Broker, Equity Research Analyst, Mutual fund executive, Real estate.
- Management– Business Development Management , Technology management, NGO management, Education management, Rural Management, Disaster management, Export Management, Family business management, Material management, Event Management, International business management, Market Research Management, Retail Management, Marketing And Sales Management, Operation And Logistics Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Brand Management.
- Finance– Certified Financial Planner – CFP, CFA
- Company Secretary-company secretary, Legal officer.
Salary package mainly depends on academic qualifications, training, experience, location, responsibility and employer. Private sector especially foreign companies provide attractive pay packages. Professional like MBAs, CAs and CFAs get high pay packages. Foreign banks and insurance companies are good employers in terms of remuneration. The salaries in this sector ranges from Rs.10,000-1,50,0000 per month.
Lastly – if you have any suggestions on topics, questions or challenges in choosing or evaluating different career options in Commerce or that you’d like us to create content on – please simply drop us a comment below. We’ll make sure our team add them to their list of content ideas.